Tuesday, 6 May 2014

Toe Business

"artist's" impression (no camera)


I had a bit of a pain in the front of my foot before the E2NB race and I kind of knew it wouldn't be improved by a 20 mile road race. The pain has become more focused and seems to belong to the knuckle of my freakishly long second toe on my right foot.

On Sunday I went out a recovery run. It was a painful shuffle. Yesterday I eschewed all running, hoping that dotting around on my bike to get my day's chores done would do something to aid my recovery and preserve my toe. Still I was limping by the end of the day.

Today Mr Toe was still sore right from the off. I thought gloomily that I could go another bike ride or go for a swim...even checked out the pool opening times. Then I thought "to hell with it, it's probably just a spot of arthritis, I think I'll go for a run!" So for a run I've been.

The sun has come back out at last and Arthur's Seat was glorious. The grass and trees have gone a crazy, shiny green with all the rain. The sky was a happy blue. The sun was out. the gorse smelt like coconut. The birds were singing. It was heaven. My toe was a wee bit sore but I didn't care.

Rather than go any kind of a long run it seemed to make sense to do some short hard stuff. High Intensity Interval Training.  So I did some strides as a warm up and then did 5 uphill "sprints" up the easy end of the radical road. I was going to run to the top and then I thought I would run for a count of 200 paces (left and right) and then I thought 70 paces would do. 70 paces coincided with some stones crossing the path so gave a recognisable mark to work with.

It was easy and fun. I lie. It was hellish. But the first one was the worst.

So I've enjoyed being out for a run. Too busy to run tomorrow so I'm hoping any damage I've done will be fading by Thursday. In the meantime I plan to go and get some rub on ibuprofen in the hope it's just a bit of inflammation in my toe joint...

1 comment:

Benny said...

Buying from a reputable on-line site implies that there are many selections from the most well-liked appears, and prices will hublot replica probably be lower than at stroll-in stores, and reliable testimonial evidence is tag heuer replica simply a click away. A reputable Replique IWC on-line retailer presents comfort, removes the intermediary, and rolex replica sale allows the customer to do nothing apart from turn on the computer. Why make issues more confusing than they must be. No person will be capable of inform the replica watches sale between the repliques and the original. They're extraordinarily lightweight, sturdy and most replica watches uk. One particular factor that may well perplex you, shall be for those who listen to a strange noise, or really feel an unusual vibration within your rolex replica sale. This can happen for, at the least two reasons.