Saturday 6 October 2012

Arthur's Seat 10 miler


Its the day of the Dunbar Doon Hill ten miler and I tried not to feel bad as Peter set off with Richard to pick up Willie Jarvie and head off to Dunbar to race. As it happens I have plenty to do and its good to have the house to myself. I have a surprise job interview on Monday for a job I applied for but didn't for a moment think I'd get an interview for. So I'm reading up all about dementia.

You can't just sit and read up about things all day though so I looked out the window and saw the lovely Arthur's Seat beckoning and decided it seemed a good day for a ...hilly 10 miler. So that's what I went and did. I pushed the whole way which reads as an average heart rate of 130 these days. I don't know how that can even be. The pace was 8.30 min/miles which isn't bad for me and for that route.

I've got an appointment to see the consultant who does catheter ablations on Thursday and my head is filling up with what-ifs that I'm trying to fight off.

No comments: