Tuesday 7 December 2010

I could get used to this.









Peter was doing something at Comely Bank so I agreed to come out and meet him on his way back at Inverleith Park for a run. It was hard to predict exactly how long it would take to get there etc. - sub 10 minute miles are starting to seem like a distant dream! Still I needn't have worried - just as I ducked through the hedge into the park there was Peter about 100 yards away. We did a couple of turns of the park as the last of the light faded. The snow was crisp underfoot - a good path has been trodden round the perimeter so there was no wading through deep snow. You had to be a bit careful but all in all it was pretty good underfoot. The sky blushed, the lights sparkled and the air was clear. Another night out running and I'm really starting to enjoy this! It was so pretty.

We threw in a few 100yd strides just to remind our muscles how to run a bit faster.

All this having to think about how you are going to get where you want to go is reminding me of winters in Orkney when I was growing up. Not usually all that severe but more severe than down here and with less infrastructure so you had to be prepared for things to go wrong. We always had a spade and sleeping bags in the boot of the car in winter for instance and pushing cars is second nature. Times were hard and we had to grin and make do lad!

2 comments:

Debs M-C said...

Great pictures. Especially the last one.

Yak Hunter said...

Haha you caught me dissing the Marcothon! Do you think I can get back on it if I do a couple of double days?