Wednesday 31 July 2013

Another Wednesday 10 miler round Arthur's Seat


You'll have got the gist of this from the title. Another Wednesday. Wednesday I have stuff to do in the afternoon but my morning is beautifully free. Shhh, please don't tell anyone. I want to keep it that way.

So once more I got up and thought I might as well do the round the Arthur's Seat 10 miler. Maybe I should be varying it more but for now this is a habit I like.

Outside the air was a good few degrees cooler than it has been, which felt great. The sun was too bright and my little mole eyes hurt but I don't like wearing sunglasses particularly and anyway, they were locked in the car and I couldn't be bothered to get them out.

Early on I realised that I was in no mood to push it. It is undoubtedly getting easier, but I seem to have got out of the habit of thrashing myself whenever I go out. Climbing up the hill I didn't push too hard and then running down the Innocent Railway cycle path - which is an opportunity to pick up the pace if you want, I was more taken with the dappled shadows the leaves were making on the path.

I wonder if I have gone non-competitive. It might be the yoga. I might have altered my karma!

Did I mention that I've been really enjoying doing Ashtanga yoga? It's a beginner's class so we take it easy, and I am no natural. None the less, after every class I have felt superb.

So anyway, I didn't push it today and was pleased to see afterwards it was my 2nd fastest effort post-op.
I say "didn't push it". I was running with rivers of sweat when I got in. It's still hot for Scotland though.

No comments: