Wednesday 31 January 2018

Recovery.

3 running days and a rest day have passed since I last blogged, and I'm mostly better. I went out for 6 miles on Sunday on my own and my legs were better than the day before but still kind of sore. I iced them when I got back to the house and wished I had the determination to take them to Portobello for another dip in the sea. My legs felt a lot better after their paddle on Saturday. I would have driven to Porty but there's almost always a traffic jam along Seafield Road at the weekend. I have no idea why. I don't know where the people are going. I only wish they wouldn't.

Perhaps because of this we went back to Gullane on Monday. Again my legs were easier and I got another wade in at the end. It wasn't so hard to get in the sea this time, although it was just as cold. I think the pain is kind of addictive.  I wish I lived right next to the sea and could do this after every run. They felt so good afterwards.







Tuesday is pretty much always a rest day as I'm at work from 8.30 - 6. Today I thought I might be able to get a long run in to make up for the one I missed at the weekend. Manchester isn't far off and I haven't gone over 15 miles yet. I took a Camelbak and something to drink in case my legs felt just fine  but was ready to back off if they didn't. They are nearly normal but by 5 miles I was getting pains so I thought I'd cut it short and live to fight another day. So 9 miles today. Hopefully they'll be robust enough to take a long run at the weekend.

No comments: