Sunday 3 September 2017

Then more Gullane - and a wee bit of last week's moon.

Moon out my bedroom window last week.

Classic butterfly shot.



The butterfly on the muddy path had a WW1 feel.









Uhuh, Fetch, yeah, whatever.

Today we were both needing recovery. Unfortunately Peter hadn't blogged his long run from yesterday yet so I was getting every tiny detail in the car on the way to Gullane. I was exhausted and needed a strong coffee to get going when we got there. As it was an east wind we changed it up a bit and headed for Archerfields, running down through the woods.

To my delight a speckled wood butterfly landed at my feet and then obligingly hopped onto a yellow leaf for me to take photos. When Peter caught up he was indignant that it had come to me. It was an opportunity to tell him that butterflies like peace and quiet.

After the speckled woods we spied a deer. And after that we went to the Jimmy Saville woods - where there was a new woodland troll. Why didn't I take a picture of it?

And after that we bumped into Amanda who we hadn't seen for a long while.

We managed just a little quicker than 11 min/mile pace for 5 miles! A proper recovery run.


No comments: