Sunday 24 September 2017

And then another 2 hills.

If you've been around much for the last few weekends, it's a bit more of the same. Saturday was going to be sunny, so that would be our Pentlands day. Unusually, come Saturday morning, Peter was at me to get going early. I could see his logic as the sun was supposed to be out earlier, but it wasn't a particularly welcome thing. I'd had a busy week.

I couldn't fix on any particular plan - I thought maybe we should just go to Hillend and do the whole Skyline and be done - but it was a vague kind of default plan. When we got to Hillend, the car park was already stowed out - so we went on to Flotterstone. With it being just a bit earlier than usual - late morning - we got parked easily and set off into the hills.

Because I was feeling particularly tired from the week, I topped up my caffeine levels with a Costa coffee and a date slice just before starting. I think I should adopt this strategy for race day, because I was actually high as a kite for most of the first half of the run. My legs were feeling strong.

Over the course of the route I formulated a plan - which was to do what we did last weekend but throw in Allermuir and Castle Law for good measure. So that's what we did. We'd made a point of running all of most of the big hills, so my legs were done by Castle Law.


I noticed the full moon hanging in the sky the other night. Looks big doesn't it?








I'm a bit worried I've peaked too soon, because I can't imagine feeling any better come race day.
I guess what does it matter? It's not like I'm going to win. It would be nice to have a good race though...

No comments: