Sunday 29 August 2010

The Grapes of Wrath



I have been struggling for a couple of days with a dilemma which has stopped me from blogging; the two horns of the dilemma being approximately openness vs. discretion.

My initial response was for openness but Peter favours discretion, and I recently came across a description of someone who feels they have to tell everything on the web as having "no filter", which gave me pause for thought. However, as a healthcare professional and as a human being I feel that people would benefit from being less embarrassed about their own bodies and that one of the great things about running is that running hard leaves little room for self-consciousness and worrying about how you look. It also leaves little room for being too precious about natural functions - something not well understood by the non-running world, hence all the hoo-ha about Paula's rather tidy road-side toilet break.

Well that's a lot of preamble. What can it possibly be? Haha. I've not been running for a couple of days cos I've got piles. Owww! My bottom hurts. There it's out. I blame Gordon's hill session on Wednesday, I don't know what happened,  it worked something too hard and now I have a companion in my pants...so I'm taking it easy and using my ass medicine. It would be good if this thing could be resolved before the marathon in a week...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, you have my sympathy. I hope it all goes back where it came from before your marathon :-) It's good to talk.

Tim said...

I suppose we should be grateful that it's just a picture of grapes that you've posted... ;-)

Have you seen your doctor? If you haven't been checked out "down there", you really ought to be.

Climbingmandy said...

If you didn't have a marathon in six days, I'd say this was quite funny. I'm guessing it's not though. Speedy recovery!

Stuart said...

Painful :-(

Hope you have a quick recovery.