Saturday 23 December 2017

Winter berries and a better bottom.

It's Saturday and I've got a few days off and we're past the shortest day and my tummy is a lot better thanks for asking. I'm not sure I buy this fodmap thing but I've been on a very bland diet for about a week and I'm substantially better.

So anyway, we went to Gullane. There was a fierce but warm wind blowing. Neither of us had much energy for whatever reason.


Actual dawn!

There wasn't much to see, but it's always good to see what is around. It tends to change from one week to the next. This week there were a lot of berries about so I set out to take a photo of as many types as I could. There wasn't much light though which led to difficulty focusing and swearing at the camera.




Some of my berries were a bit moth-eaten.




We were trying to guess what unexpected thing we might see on the beach. We'd settled on maybe an octopus or maybe a lobster. Peter quite often thinks maybe an octopus. Anyway we weren't expecting half a glitter ball. This is probably one of the originals from the Titanic. You know, from the posh, upstairs rooms with the orchestra while the oiks are downstairs getting swooshed about on the car deck.










Peter says my berries are getting a bit wizened. Lol.





So that's that. 6 miles at a slow pace. On the way home in the car we agreed we were both feeling a bit low blood-sugar and just not fit to negotiate Tescos Leith and everyone panic buying drink 2 days before xmas, so there's nothing for tea, but at least we have our sanity.

No comments: