Saturday 15 February 2014

You're my Venus




First of all a warning. This post really does contain too much information.

But don't worry. It's not some ghastly nonsense by Bananarama or some sticky valentine twaddle. The first thing I want to tell you is I got up the other morning and saw this very bright light in the sky. At first I thought it was a plane, but it didn't move. So then I set out to get a photo. Then I googled it. Apparently Venus is exceptionally bright in the morning sky this February.

The next thing is;
I wouldn't normally do a pre-race report but it's the Carnethy 5 race today and I'm exhausted already. I know I'm just a string of physical complaints these days, but, well I am. So my latest thing has been quite a few days of a dodgy tummy. For some reason my colon seems to want to fill up with fluid and fire it out. I try not to take drugs for things these days but I woke up this morning to hear, issuing from my intestines, the whole soundtrack of 'Walking with Dinosaurs'. It made me think  I need to take control of this if I can - so I've been down to Tesco's and got myself packets of Loperamide and anything else I could see that might slow this thing down...

Now I just feel tired. I've been trying to study but I can't concentrate, so I thought I'd have a bit of a blog.
Not looking forwards to standing around in a cold field with 100s of other hill runners this afternoon. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

runtwo said...

Hope you enjoyed today. It was nicer than forecast - Hope PB went under the hour:-) There is a bug going about - I've had that stomach affliction for a week now.

Yak Hunter said...

I thought I saw you. I didn't run very well but I did quite enjoy it. Sorry to hear you've got a bad tummy but quite comforted to hear it's doing the rounds! Hopefully that means it'll go away again too...
It was mighty cold going up Scald Law wasn't it?
PB not under the hour and not happy - it's a terrible race etc :-)