Saturday 7 September 2024

Holyrood Parkrun PB

 

Nick, Peter, Mary & Dod

Photo credit; George Dod McMullan


Went to Holyrood for a parkrun this morning and ran a course PB. Hurray! Super-chuffed. I thought it was possible because I went back for the first time since January a few weeks back and I ran the 2nd fastest time I'd done on the course. That was very unexpected because I've not really been doing any speed training.

Here's what I think did it;

Zwift indoor biking sessions, one or two a week.

Strength training.

Eating more protein.

Trying the Feldenkrais approach to moving - doing what feels good and aiming for comfort.

Robert Heggie's book and audio-course "Running with the Whole Body" which again uses the Feldenkrais method to improve inner sensing and movement patterns rather than trying to adopt "good form" in an outside-in way.

Mobility exercises - I've been using a set put together by a company who do running coaching for older runners. I haven't signed up with them but they have free content that you can access if you give them your email. I think they're pretty good. Here's their website link.

This afternoon I have accidentally signed up for the Edinburgh Marathon next year and the Jedburgh Half. It's Aileen Ross's fault. She knows why.

That be all.


No comments: