Sunday 11 August 2019

Not it.

So this was going to be it. A 42 or so mile race across the hills. I was not 'ready' and it didn't seem like a particularly good idea. The best I could hope for was to rock up fairly fresh and then go steady.
There has been very high humidity recently however, and so many thunderstorms they're beginning to seem normal, and there was a big thunderstorm warning all over Saturday. On Thursday afternoon at work I saw the email saying the race was postponed. Anyone who couldn't do it could have a full refund. I couldn't do it knowing I had an opportunity to pull out now and possibly not have sore feet for the next 2 months, so I pulled out. Peter and Nick are still in though!

So Saturday seemed quite surreal when not only were we not having to get up at the crack of dawn to do a great big horrible race, but it was really quite a nice day. The organisers are probably sick about it and I feel bad for them, but it was nice doing the familiar scoot around Gullane. You've seen it all before so here are a set of fairly random photos taken throughout the week.















I came across Mr Mousey on the way home from work on Tuesday.

It seems he might be a field mouse on his last legs.

"So what other races are you going to not do?" I hear you ask. Well I might not do the Hardrock 100 and that one right across Greece, I definitely plan to not do that and I also might not do the Loch Ness Marathon and the Paisley 10K. 

No comments: