Wednesday 30 May 2018

Lovely, sunny May.

I'm not really sure why I haven't blogged at all since half way through May. The weather has been lovely and I took a week off my NHS work too. My leg's getting a lot better and because of the rest both legs are feeling fresher than they have in a good while.  I'm trying to keep doing some cycling and keeping my mileage down so as not to re-injure myself. I've not heard anything more about my heart and I hope it's not irresponsible to say so but the thought of sudden cardiac death kind of spices up what otherwise might be a fairly mundane run...

I've been up in the Pentlands which was nice, and....







I went a wee run to Porty, which was nice, and...





Another run at Gullane on a day when the wind was making the wispy clouds make the sky look astonishing, and...







We went a cycle up the canal and then down to Blackness Castle along by the shore. This was a good adventure in terms of finding new routes and seeing the big pink bings close up. It wasn't a good adventure for food though. We ended up starving and had to buy whatever we could find in the National Trust shop at Blackness Castle (we were starting to shout at each other - uh-oh, low blood sugar) - which was crisps, fudge and vending machine coffee. The point of a good cycle is to eat something nice in a cafe.










I was on a course over the weekend so was very pleased I wasn't working Monday. The sun came out and Peter and I went back to the coast. He got immersed in the Marl Loch and involved with some dragon-flies while I headed to the shore because I was just too damn hot.






Here he comes at last.




No comments: