Sunday 19 November 2017

More low light, shadows and colour.

Peter was off to do his 40 miler this morning. (I've just got a text. He says he was 11th overall and 1st old bloke.) There was going to be sun, but only in the morning, so I thought I'd stay in town. The traffic was getting silly yesterday, heading onto the bypass and then on the turn off for Kinnaird Park. I guess the Christmas Shopping thing has started. 

The lovely low sun was coming through the windows and hitting our race tat, (you know, plastic cups and what-not). The blobs of light on the wall are considerably more tasteful than the things they are reflected from.






Eventually I got out the house and headed for the Water of Leith. I had an ambitious plan with built-in flexibility. I was thinking I could go up the Water of Leith and then hook onto the 7 hills route and go up Corstorphine Hill. If I was feeling super-duper at this point I could have gone down the other side and through Barnton, down to Cramond and then back that way. I think that would have been about 15-17 miles.



???
 


The section of the Water of Leith that goes past Murrayfield is open again. It's the first time I've been up that way. It was nice not to have to cut through back streets. There are still at least a couple of blocked sections though; at the Dean Village and then again on the stretch past the skate park. 




Corstorphine Hill was looking as pretty as last time we were up. I was reassessing my ambitions at this point. I was kind of thirsty but couldn't be bothered with going to shops and all that. I thought I could cut back down past Ravelston Dykes and go home that way.



 






So in the end it was a 12 mile run, which was good enough. No pictures after the Dean Village and it wasn't nearly as good once I was back in amongst the Gluhwein swigging populace clogging up the streets.

No comments: