So tonight is the last and only opportunity to get organised for The Highland Fling on Saturday. I'm feeling the fear and avoiding the facts and figures so I thought a spot of blogging might help. We've got to figure out;
- When the trains are from Tyndrum to Milngavie
- When to leave for Tyndrum
- Where to park the car
- What kit to take to Milngavie
- 4 drop bags for along the way
- What to put in them?
- What to carry
- What the weather's going to do
- What to wear
- What to eat for breakfast
- Where the checkpoints are
- Where the start is
- Where the Premier Inn is
- Where the Tyndrum Lodge Hotel is
- What speed to go at
- Which shoes? (No I still don't know)
- Will I carry a camera?
- Parasol or umbrella?
- Smart or casual?
Other important things to remember...tape the London Marathon! I suppose I better get on with it. The running will be easy in comparison to all this stuff.
For that reason I'm not looking forwards to supporting RD in the WHW. Being organised is for WORK dude. Running is about being FREE!